Thursday 5 January 2017

CANCER This is the scariest word for me.

CANCER



This is the scariest word for me. Some would argue that death is scarier, but for me, cancer has been the scariest word. It is scary because it makes you helpless as it not only affects you physically but also kills the will to survive.
I feel what works for the patients besides the medicine is the hope. Hope shines like a bright beacon in the darkness of cancer in a patient, which comes from the love and support given by friends and family. This hope is increased many folds when the support is given by an unknown person.


Let me introduce you to one such brave person, a 20 year old girl who contributed to cancer awareness by giving up something which is dear not only to her but to every girl.  Anjali Ravi gave up her hair for this cause. I feel this was a very bold step taken by her at this age. The only reason she did this was to give a smile and confidence to somebody when they needed it the most.


Anjali came to me to help her with this decision, so I gave her the number of Mr. Mrunal Desai. Mr. Mrunal is a professional hair stylist who gives free hair cut for this cause.


So if you feel a smile and hope for a dying person is more important to you than your hair, which you will obviously grow back, then please contact Mr. Mrunal Desai on 08080484858.



when i had a personal talk with anjali this what she told me ..

Introduction : I am Anjali Ravi. I am 20 years old. I am a fashion student and I'll be doing my internship at Artisans which is in Kala Ghoda Mumbai for the next 3 months. What made me donate it? : There's nothing that inspired me as such.I thought that 2016 was an amazing year for me and before the year ends i should do something good for others. I might fulfil someone's last wish before they die and bring smile on their face and also bring confidence in them. I was actually thinking of donating my hair since few months but i thought this is the perfect time to do it. How am i feeling? I am feeling positive . I mean i don't think i have done something great. Its just....i felt like doing it so i did it. How my family reacted: I actually thought this will be difficult but surprisingly they didn't question me much. I just asked them if I can do it for cancer patients and they said yes if you are brave enough to face the world and their comments then go ahead. and you are doing it for a good cause so we don't mind. They were chilled out. Some of my family members actually thought i am doing a prank and I photoshopped my head. Hahaha Also I'll be doing internship so my mom asked me if they will accept me like this. But when I went for the interview I asked them if they are okay with the step I'll be taking. They were really cool with it. I love them for that. My friends and my teachers supported me a lot. When i posted my picture saying i donated my hair to cancer patients, these were their responses.
Yo people,
As I had mentioned in my previous post that i'll come up with a video about the initiative I took,the rules.Here's the video.. Do Share it and let me know what initiative would you like to take before the year ends 

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=k27_f-QV_rQ&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnOm3A-IFQMA%26feature%3Dshare

MRUNAL DESAI... I THANKED HIM PERSONALLY AND ASKED HIM HOW HE FEELS.

Hi, I am Mrunal Desai and I am a passionate Hair stylist for women. So let me give you a brief intro about myself. I was passionate about hairstyling since my childhood and I used to watch a t.v show call makeover story which used to actually drag me more into hairstyling. Being into my college and after completing my graduation I realised that Hairstyling is of my interest and I want to grow in it. So I started learning it by myself and than I took up few training sessions. Unfortunately my family is not supportive for my move but I thought of going on with it. I have been doing this since 2012 and it give me a different kind of happiness which I define it as a kick I get. I don't get tired even after whole day of work. I don't have a salon but I actually visit clients place and give them haircut. I travel all over Mumbai and ya let me tell you one fine day Mrs Geeta Shridhar just texted me asking that one of my friends daughter wants to donate her hair and you please talk to her about the same. So I called up Ms Anjal Ravi and asked her that you want to donate your hair so the 1st question comes in my mind is how long is your hair as you need 15 inches to donate and she is like just below shoulders and I am like you can donate your hair. She just replied post this that I want to go bald and donate all my hair and that very moment I had all the respect for this girl. Than we fixed a date that was 26th Dec, 2016 and she actually visited my place and I gave her a cut and to my surprise she is so courageous that it made me more happy. So I give free haircuts to the ones who want to donate their hair for cancer patients, Y? I do this as I want to be a part of this cause, I want to actually support the cause and do play my part as much as I can. So it's not at all a monetary benefit for me. So anyone who wants to donate their hair they can contact me on 8080484858 and support this noble cause.



1 comment: