Sunday 24 July 2016

RUN INDIA RUN - @blogadda & #RunIndiaRun


FOR MORE PICTURES FOLLOW THIS LINK
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1Kuk3c4qq5nSE8zRFEtNW5ZZEk





RuN iNDia RuN... The Name SpeaKs for the MiSSioN of the TeaM..!!
AweSoMe xPeRieNce with the TeaM..!! XceLLenT GuiDanCe by SamSON SiR nd the ResT of the tRaineRs... MiNd bLoWing SeLecTion of tRaineRs.. EaCh One is a GeM and a tRue PaSSioNaTe tRaiNeR.. EaCh SeSSioN bRinGs FoRth SoMethiNg neW to LeaRn.. the ExCiTeMeNt nd the eNthuSiaSm is NeveR DoWn with the RIR TeaM..!!
ThaNkSS foR iniTiaTiNg me on ThiS Be-You-TiFuL JourNeY wHicH HeLpeD me to ReDisCoveR MySeLf..!! BY WRITING A BLOG ON RUN INDIA RUN WHEN  +Harish Krishnan  AND +BlogAdda Activities SEND ME A MAIL TO COVER THE EVENT...


Todays morning was so special to me as I was excited and waiting for the moment to come because even iam a runner and nowdays i dont run as i have knee problem and so proud as a blogger i can attend the event , thanks to blogadda.com for giving this opportunity..

without any changes the run started sharp at 6.30 with national anthem.
All runners are so energetic and all had a good time with me and all are so pround and happy that iam back with them..

yes

I told them as a blog adda blogger iam back with u all my dear runners and i told them that iam going to blog the event ,,omg .......all my runner friends are ready to give there running experience with me with full of energy..

started with a lavani dance ,,,,, to your surprise even i started dancing with them  and the run started with flag off..




some of the runner who really  wants to share there stories to me said we have many things to tell you geeta maa..

so i started asking one by one 




when i asked dr. aparna 




Run Aps Run
Finally I did it.. I completed one tiny marathon of 10 km, by Run India run, with a timing of 70 minutes and 22 secs, though as per my age category I had the flexibility of finishing it in 84 minutes...And the experience was awesome.
Professional runners may find this 10 k RIR activity child's play but it meant a lot for me. It has given me back my lost confidence in running.
Once upon a time, I used to run under professional guidance too but somehow my knees didn't like it... I tried taking it easy but soon realized that I was suffering from one of the most common Urban lifestyle disease " Hypothyroid"
My doctor colleagues advised me "No Running" and then my whole lifestyle changed. And I took almost 4 yrs to take back the charge of my lost focus on fitness.
Hypothyroid can be well managed with proper medication and monitoring the hormone levels and I can say this with the conviction that you need not to blame it on just the thyroid for your bloated look and the mood. You can still acquire the desired fitness and the trim look. If I could do it, you can do it too..
This January, I decided to dedicate more time and mind to my fitness. The first five months were tough ..more because of the balancing act between the work front, the home front and the fitness front.
To start with, I started closely monitoring the calories I consumed and the nutritive value of the food. Then I started doing 3 days a week pilates and 3 days walking. Within two months instead of walking, I started jogging. And today, I could run 10 kilometers very comfortably and in good timing and without any after effects (No sore body or cramps or sprain or spasm). So its just a matter of practicing and training with determination.
Trust me, it's been a beautiful journey, slow n steady yet very rewarding, in terms of physical fitness and positivity within.
Now I am enjoying the running as a fitness activity because its my meditation. When I run, I am in a different zone. It helps me shut the background mental chaos. It's an awesome feeling..
You may ask..why run in marathons? I say ..it's a sense of pride n achievement. It is a group/community activity and when you are part of this community,it rubs loads of energy onto you. Be part of it to feel it..
..So, the journey has begun..I don't know how far I would to go but I am tuning myself to experience more of this adrenaline peaking activity..Running..
Marathons are calling..
Aps

all the best dr.aparna

2. My all time fav runner . Ranjan bhavsar 




I restarted running some time ago. Couple of years ago I had run two SCMM half marathons. Then I suffered ACL tear in a Karate fight and I had lost my confidence in running. I never thought I will be able to ever run long distances again. And then I took it up few months ago and stared my self in the mirror and said No options Bro....Just do it n started with small distances like 6k, 7k......and today this 10K is my almost 4th 10K race in last 2-3 months and I liked it to the core for multiple reasons. Although I have not qualified for SCMM 2017 but my timing has improved by few minutes. The race was at BKC n I ran there for the first time and liked it. The arrangements n management of event was too good n professionally handled. This event being final qualifier for the season as per my understanding had lots of runners from across the Mumbai. And I caught up with many old friends here including my classmate because of whom I restarted running. Such nicely arranged events brings people across Mumbai together esp. runners. And I have made many new friends because of running. Lot of inspirational stories, lot of good hearts coming together, lot of people with different lifestyle mingling together and lot of learning for the life with this small investment is the best outcome of these races I would say. And at the end of the day those medals tied on the hanger make u feel proud and builds better self esteem and then at tough times they build ur mind to say to self," Yaar yeah kar liya hai toh aur bhi tough kar lenge."
A wow factor for self....and a continuous smile on face.....I love running.🙏🏻👍🏻😊

way to go ranjan...

3.My inspiration.... my sweet cool friend Sayuri Dalvi ..


It was about time I needed to look after myself too… because I knew that only if I remain in good shape . I had touched 80 kgs by then. I started gymming. One day, the gym was shut so I went out for a run. I must have ran for a kilometre and got totally exhausted but I realised one thing that running made me relaxed. So, I started running regularly, slowly increasing my kilometres. It made me deal with the home situation much better. When I would run it would give me a lot of time to introspect and also plan my days. And in 2007, I ran my 1st Marathon in Mumbai and then never stopped.In 2016, I ran my 10th Mumbai Marathon. A month after that I did 42 Kms in Delhi which was my 100th race. I did 1st position there. 


 AND TODAY ALSO IN RUNINDIARUN SHE BAGGED THE FIRST PRIZE AGAIN.....

CONGO....sayuri.........

4. my bff for ever Vithal kamble 


He thinks iam his guru and always takes blessings from me, for him running is his passion and he has been running for the last 47 years, he has been qualified in all runs.... so u guess who is guru now??

5.Next my runners picnic friend Kulwant singh khalsa.


kulwantr is running for the past three years..... he treats me as his mother, and today he did 10kms and his advise to all you need to practise to every marathon....

6...SCMM full marathon runner Mr.Khushru Patel.


he has been running since the age of 47 and now he is 76 years , he has done lots of half marathons and for the last two years done SCMM Full Marathon .. This time he came to cheer his running buddies.

7.. All time young runner Primla Lingorani ..



pramla is sweet 71 years and today she did 5 km , for the past twenty she run all marathons , and in her age category she won many first prizes  and her advice to all is walk everyday and try to be vegeterain and she is healthy because she is cool in nature and do many social work  and her mantra is RUN FOR HAPPINESS AND FITNESS.

8. EVER SMILING ANU MY ALL IN ALL ..........BIP NUMBER 1007 MY INSPIRATION




.I was burdened with lot of responsibilities on my shoulder hence I had no time to think about me in my past. Working, looking after son, his studies, his carrier, daily household needs, going through financial crunches I was single handedly managing the whole show so there was absolutely no thoughts for my own choices. After Nishant passed out and had carrier in Merchant Navy I felt the need to look for outlet where I can keep myself busy. By then I started using social apps like whatsapp and facebook. Then I could see women running for Pinkathon and saw page covering Raj Vadgama going to run across India(Bharathon) which truly inspired me. I wanted to run but I always thought running can be done only in group so started searching for the group but could not. Then one day I sent message to Raj Vadgama he gave me the phone no. of Ram Subramanian. I immediately called Ram and I was delighted to talk to him since he was so cordial snd encouraging that I felt like I was talking to my sibling. He immediately called me for flag off to Raj Vadgama's Barathon mission to Gateway off India. I went there with Nishant and caught them at NCPA and tried to run with them but after running for around 500mtrs I started panting and gave up realising that running is not my cup of tea. But as I am born fighter did not want to give up I started going to Aarey Bhaskar park in my vicinity and tried to run and walk but my stamina was not building up. Still kept on. Daily I used to go there and practice. Slowly slowly I could increase my running strech. In the mean time sometimes I used to meet Ram while going to Aarey and he would always encourage me and pep me up which kept me motivating. Then one day I met Reena Verma at Aarey. She was doing her workouts with Raj Vadgama's group Xtremists. She guided me how to register on links and started sending me most of the links. Most of the time we would go together and run in marathons. That is how I got the hang of running. So these two people Ram and Reena made proved to be my angels. Then I thought there must be many women like me who would be looking for outlet for social activities but may not have an idea how to ho about it then why I shouldn't take initiative and form a group where we can enjoy together with run and fun also. So I started talking with women and men who were running near Aarey road and on highway. Then this FRUNHOLIC group came into existence. Many enthu and high spirited girls and boys willingly came in the group. Some met me in marathons, some met me on the roads, some through trek group and that is how we all became family. And now I have around 10 - 12 running 10 K medals to my kitty. Aiming for half marathon in SCMM. Pray that my wish come true.


9. MY RIGHT HAND WHO CALLS ME FOR ALL RUN .. Mr. Umed Kumar Sinai


I have been following the SCMM for a number of years. Every year on a Sunday i would stay glued in front of the TV to watch runners from various countries take part in the Marathon...
In 2014, one of my friend posted his picture in a common group with the caption, 'I am marathoner'. That set me thinking. I wanted to do the Dream Run of 7 Kms in SCMM.
I started looking out for events where I could participate not with the intention to 'run' but 'walk'.
So it immediately began with 5 Kms - Chembur Minithon; i walked the entire distance in 47 mins 5 secs. In subsequent events, I walked for 6 Kms ; then 7 Kms ... I was feeling bored !! Looking at people running whereas I walked.
In the next event, Cause-a-thon Organised by Khushi - I part walk and part jogged the distance of 7 Kms.
The motivation to run was that I wanted to lose weight - which I did - from 78kgs to 68kgs. Not only weight, I got rid of my High Blood Pressure and also the numbers of my spectacles came down.
In June 2014, I qualified for my SCMM HM and completed my first official HM in a time of 2.55.02
A Dream realised of participating in SCMM, I stopped running.
Subsequently I put on 8 kgs and many of my co-runners used to ask me as to why I had quit running. My standard answer was 'I have realised my dream of running in SCMM ' and don't want to run now. but I was wrong!!
In One of the free running events earlier in the year, I decided it was time to make a 'comeback' and Today I again successfully qualified for SCMM HM 2017


10.MY EVER EVER SWEET SON .Amit kumar.-for the past ten years he won more than 50 to 60 medals and mostly all first prize , and is mantra is BE FIT AND KEEP CALM .


11. TOTAL SPORTS MY SECRET OF MY ENERGY.... GROUP ..


12... MY MOTIVATION RUNNER.. Mr. Amar jeet singh chawla

he is only sixty years and for the past eleven years ( visually impaired ) running all marathons ..his mantra is keep running be fit ..


13. My sweet Kashmira Dilip Dave




Kashmira Dilip Dave have diverted myself into running in the year 2012 in a mere practice of 1 week. I have participated for my 1st 21 km marathon at BNP achieving the target in 2:37:00.
Just like a stream of water merging into a river I amalgamated myself towards running. After being a part of Vasai Virar Mayor’s Marathon in October 2012, I have received a confirmation for my first 42km in SCMM In January 2013. In the company and training from experienced BNP green runners, I was able to score a time of 5:37:00 in a tight workout schedule of two and half months.
Thus in a my running career of 4 years, I have gained following achievements:- 1. 50 km Bangalore ultra 2013, stood 1st position 2. Completed 42 km SCMM 3 times. 3. Completed 21 km half marathon 12 times. 4. Completed 10 km Race 4 times with podium finish each time. 5. Stood second runnerup in Tarblazzer 21 Km Race on 3rd July 2016. 6. Stood first runnerup in Run India Run 10K Challange on 24th July 2016.
Recently I had my first experience as a pacer where my current motive was to be a 3:45 hrs bus to assist my colleagues for achieving the target of 3:30 mins with the principle of fun and run. In my experience of 4 years, I have developed from bringing my passion into my way of life, as it is being the best stress buster which turned myself into a healthy human being

14. Hi sonal here.age of 44 running.in age of 24 my weight was 75 kgs and high bp issue.doc told m to start walking and started to walk at borivali national park. After 2 yrs started running and naver thought i could run till now ip to 13 yrs.did 35 tms 21k marathons and 10 k 25 tms and 6 tms 42 kms marathons and 12 hrs run 2 tms did 68 km my maximum kms run till date
Got many tms festures in news papers and got many prices and podiums in marthons 42 km run in vasai virar got podium stood 3 rd with my personal best tm 5.17 And did today my ezt tm in 10 k in R n r finished in 58.32 mints all thanx to my weight lose healthy food and hard work off course GOD IS GRT AND always help m.thanx

15. MY CUTE NIVEDITA ...My experience of run india run was superb. Location & setup
was also very nice. I have been running from last 2yrs. And 2017 will be my 3rd SCMM & fortunately i run "run india run" for qualifying SCMM. I request all the young & also people who feel that they are old to start running without any delay. Free & best sport.


THE EVENT WAS ORGANISED VERY WELL...

WHEN I WAS HAPPILY CLAPPING MY HANDS FOR THE PRIZE WINNERS , THERE WAS A SHOCK FOR ME THE RUN INDIA RUN TEAM CALLED ME UP AND FECILATED WITH A TROPY ON BEHALF OF BLOGADDA TO ME AS A BLOGGER, I WAS SO HAPPY AND FLYING IN THE SKY... IT WAS A MEMORABLE DAY IN MY LIFE




THE FUNCTION OVERALL WAS ARRANGED WELL. METICULOUS PLANNING WENT ON IN TO THE ARRANGEMENTS WAS EVIDENT. BY THE CLOCK WORK PRECISION OF ALL THE EVENTS KUDOS TO THE TOTAL TEAM.....

BLOGADDA ROCKS AS USUAL @blogadda & #RunIndiaRun

7 comments:

  1. A beautifully woven blog of stories of runners.Thanks for sharing my story too though I am just a beginner.. And Hearty congrats for the trophy and the appreciation, You truly deserve it😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful geeta Ma. I love u so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aps, Ranjan, anuuu, Kulwant gr8 going guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dear Geeta....it is such a pleasure on Monday morning to see self featuring in one of the blog articles for the right reasons....thanks a lot for this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully crafted article... hope to see you sometime and tell you my story... I'm a bells palsy survivor via running

    ReplyDelete